Athletic Greens is a popular daily all-in-one superfood powder that contains a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to support overall health and wellness. Recently popularized by researchers, celebrities and podcast practitioners, such as Joe Rogan, Andrew Huberman and Tim Ferris, AG1 continues to reach mass adoption and increased market share. It is marketed as a convenient way to fill nutritional gaps, boost energy levels, and support immune function.
Each serving of Athletic Greens AG1 contains a healthy concoction of vitamins, minerals, and whole food-sourced ingredients. These whole food-sourced ingredients include probiotics, prebiotics, adaptogens, and digestive enzymes. Key nutrients included in the AG1 formula include vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin E, zinc, magnesium, and selenium.
Athletic Greens is designed to be taken once a day, mixed with water or your favorite beverage if needed. While it is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly, AG1 comes in a convenient powder form that can be easily mixed and consumed on the go which is its best quality. If you are considering AG1, continue reading this Athletic Greens review.
What is Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens is a daily dietary supplement that provides a blend of 75 whole food-sourced ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and adaptogens. It is designed to help fill nutritional gaps in your diet, boost energy levels, and support immune function. Overall, Athletic Greens is a comprehensive and convenient way to support your overall health and wellness.
Who owns Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens is owned by a private company called Athletic Greens LLC, which is based in New Zealand. The company was founded in 2010 by Chris Ashenden, a former personal trainer and nutritionist who was looking for a convenient and comprehensive way to help his clients meet their nutritional needs.
Since its founding, Athletic Greens has grown in popularity and is now sold in over 50 countries worldwide. The company has received numerous awards and accolades for its product, including being named the “Best Green Superfood Powder” by Healthline in 2021.
While the company is privately held and does not disclose its financial information, it has been reported that Athletic Greens has experienced significant growth in recent years, with revenues estimated to be in the tens of millions of dollars.
Where is Athletic Greens manufactured?
The manufacturing facilities for Athletic Greens are located in the United States, and the product is manufactured in FDA-registered and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice)-compliant facilities. However, some of the whole food-sourced ingredients used in Athletic Greens are sourced from other countries, such as New Zealand, where the company’s founder, Chris Ashenden, is originally from.
Athletic Greens takes great care in selecting its suppliers and ensuring the quality and safety of its ingredients. The company also conducts rigorous testing and quality control checks to ensure that its products meet its high standards.
What are the ingredients of Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens contains 75 whole food-sourced ingredients that are carefully selected and combined to provide a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. These ingredients help supplement the lack of nutrients that a traditional diet is unable to provide, all while at a cheaper price point.
Here is a breakdown of some of the key ingredients in Athletic Greens.
- Vitamins: Athletic Greens contain a variety of vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin K2, and various B vitamins.
- Minerals: The product also contains a range of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, chromium, and others.
- Adaptogens: Athletic Greens includes adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms, such as ashwagandha, reishi mushroom, and rhodiola rosea, which are believed to help the body adapt to stress and promote overall health and wellness.
- Digestive Enzymes and Prebiotics: The product includes digestive enzymes and prebiotic fibers, such as bromelain, papain, and inulin, to support digestive health and gut microbiome.
- Superfoods: Athletic Greens includes a range of superfoods, such as spirulina, chlorella, and wheatgrass, which are rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
- Probiotics: The product contains probiotics, including lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium bifidum, to support digestive and immune health.
The combination of these ingredients is intended to provide comprehensive nutritional support and help fill any nutritional gaps in your diet.
How does Athletic Greens work?
Athletic Greens is a daily dietary supplement that works by providing a comprehensive blend of 75 whole food-sourced ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and adaptogens. The product is designed to help fill nutritional gaps in your diet, boost energy levels, and support immune function, among other benefits.
The ingredients in Athletic Greens are carefully selected and combined in precise ratios to optimize their absorption and effectiveness. The product is also designed to be easily digested and absorbed by the body, thanks to the inclusion of digestive enzymes and prebiotic fibers.
Who Should Use Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens is designed for anyone who wants to support their overall health and well-being, regardless of their age, gender, or fitness level. The product is especially well-suited for people who have busy lifestyles and find it challenging to eat a well-rounded diet or who may have nutritional gaps in their diet.
Athletic Greens may also be beneficial for athletes and fitness enthusiasts who need to fuel their bodies with essential nutrients to support performance and recovery. The product is designed to provide a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that can help support energy levels, immune function, and overall health and wellness.
It’s important to note that while Athletic Greens can be a helpful addition to a healthy diet and lifestyle, it is not intended to replace whole foods or a balanced diet. It’s always a good idea to speak with your healthcare provider before starting any new dietary supplement.
Can pregnant women consume Athletic Greens?
Yes, pregnant women can consume Athletic Greens. However, it’s always a good idea for pregnant women to consult with their healthcare provider before starting any new dietary supplement, including Athletic Greens. While the product is made from whole food-sourced ingredients and is generally considered safe for most people, pregnancy can cause changes in the body that may affect nutrient needs and tolerance.
Some of the ingredients in Athletic Greens, such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and folate, are important for fetal development and may be beneficial during pregnancy. However, certain nutrients, such as vitamin A and iron, can be harmful in high doses, so it’s important to ensure that you’re not getting too much of these nutrients from other sources in your diet or other supplements.
Can breastfeeding mothers consume Athletic Greens?
Yes, breastfeeding mothers can consume Athletic Greens. However, it is important that you consult with your healthcare provider as some of the nutrients found within the powder can be dangerous to the infant if consumed in quantities beyond the daily recommended limits. For example, iron and vitamin A can be found within, which can be dangerous when combined with other supplements and based on one’s diet.
Can Athletic Greens be consumed together with other medications?
Yes, Athletic Greens can be consumed together with other medications but one should consult with a healthcare provider first to make sure. Some of the ingredients in Athletic Greens may interact with certain medications, potentially causing adverse effects or decreasing the effectiveness of the medication.
For example, some of the ingredients in Athletic Greens, such as vitamin K, may interfere with blood-thinning medications like warfarin. Also, certain nutrients in Athletic Greens, such as calcium and magnesium, may affect the absorption or effectiveness of certain antibiotics or thyroid medications.
Is Athletic Greens vegan friendly?
Yes, Athletic Greens is vegan-friendly as the product is made from whole food-sourced ingredients, and does not contain any animal-derived ingredients such as dairy, eggs, or honey. Athletic Greens AG1 is also certified by the Vegan Society, which verifies that it meets strict criteria for vegan products.
Is Athletic Greens gluten free?
Yes, Athletic Greens is gluten-free as it does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients. However, AG1 does contain wheatgrass and barley grass, which are grasses. While some people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity may be able to tolerate wheatgrass and barley grass, others may have a reaction.
How do Athletic Greens taste?
Athletic Greens has a sweet and earthy flavor, with a slightly grassy aftertaste. Some people might find it bitter or strong, but others enjoy the unique flavor. The taste can vary depending on how the product is mixed or prepared. For example, adding it to a smoothie or juice can help to mask the flavor.
Here are some tips for making Athletic Greens taste better.
- Add it to a smoothie or juice: This can help to mask the flavor and make it more palatable.
- Use cold water: Hot water can make the taste more bitter.
- Add a sweetener: This can help to make the taste more enjoyable.
What are the benefits of Athletic Greens when consumed?
Athletic Greens is a daily greens powder that is designed to provide your body with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. It is made with a blend of whole food ingredients, including greens, fruits, vegetables, probiotics, and adaptogens.
Here are some of the key benefits of Athletic Greens:
- Increased energy: Athletic Greens contain a blend of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that can help boost energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Improved digestion: The product contains prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes, which can help support healthy digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Immune system support: Athletic Greens contains several key nutrients that can help support a healthy immune system, including vitamin C, zinc, and probiotics.
- Detoxification support: The product contains several detoxifying ingredients, including milk thistle and dandelion root, which can help support healthy liver function and remove toxins from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Many of the ingredients in Athletic Greens have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and support overall health.
- Improved athletic performance: Some of the nutrients in Athletic Greens, such as B-vitamins and creatine, may help improve athletic performance and endurance.
What are the risks of Athletic Greens when consumed?
Athletic Greens AG1 is safe to consume for most people that take it. However, there are some potential risks and side effects that you may want to be aware of.
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to one or more of the ingredients in Athletic Greens, which could lead to an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction can include rash, itching, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
- Upset stomach: Athletic Greens contain several ingredients that can cause gastrointestinal upset in some people, such as wheatgrass, spirulina, and probiotics. This can lead to symptoms such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
- Interactions with medications: Some of the ingredients in Athletic Greens may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners or immune-suppressing drugs. If you are taking any medications, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider before taking Athletic Greens.
- Overdose of certain vitamins or minerals: Athletic Greens contain high doses of certain vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and iron. Consuming too much of these nutrients can lead to toxicity and adverse effects.
- Interference with iodine uptake: The seaweed and kelp in Athletic Greens contain high levels of iodine, which can interfere with iodine uptake in the thyroid gland. This could lead to thyroid dysfunction, especially in people with existing thyroid conditions.
What is the recommended dosage for Athletic Greens?
The recommended dosage for Athletic Greens AG1 is one scoop (approximately 11.5 grams) per day. When just starting out, you can start with a smaller scoop, but you should never exceed the one scoop. This serving of AG1 can be combined with water or another beverage as long as it is not hot as it can break down the nutrients found within. It is important to follow Athletic Greens guidelines as failure to do so may result in nausea.
What is the best time to consume Athletic Greens?
The best time to consume Athletic Greens is first thing upon waking up and should be consumed on an empty stomach. While AG1 can be consumed at any time of the day, it is most effective if taken right after waking up.
How much is Athletic Greens?
At the time of writing this, Athletic Greens AG1 costs just under $2.49 per serving when you sign up for a double subscription. If you want to try Athletic Greens, rather than signing up for a one-time order, it is recommended that you do the double subscription and cancel if you don’t like it as it’ll reduce the price significantly.
Is Athletic Greens expensive?
No, Athletic Greens is not expensive, especially since it is for your health. In fact, AG1 costs less than a cup of coffee.
Is Athletic Greens the best Best Green Powder Supplement?
Yes, Athletic Greens is considered the overall best green powder available, today. While more expensive than some, AG1 is one of the most popular green supplements, backed by a highly rated and complete formula.
Where can I buy Athletic Greens?
The best place to purchase Athletic Greens AG1 is on their website (https://athleticinsight.com/go/athletic-greens).
Who are the popular personalities that consume Athletic Greens?
While there are many popular personalities that consume Athletic Greens, the three most influential and well-known celebrities are Joe Rogan, Andrew Huberman and Tim Ferris.
What are the other alternatives of Athletic Greens?
While there are many alternatives to Athletic Greens, none of them compare in terms of quality and value for price. Even if you were to try to get these supplements in a natural diet, you’d pay more for the food in terms of time and expiration. If you want to compare some other alternatives to AG1, the following are popular variations.
- Jocko Greens: Developed in partnership with Jocko Willink, JOCKO GREENS is a comprehensive blend of organic greens, superfoods, adaptogens, and probiotics that provides whole health support and immune-boosting benefits. With a delicious pineapple-coconut flavor and naturally sweetened with monk fruit and Reb-M, this product is an excellent solution for those seeking high-quality greens and superfoods.
- Green Vibrance: This green powder contains a blend of over 70 ingredients, including probiotics and digestive enzymes, and is designed to support overall health and wellness.
- Amazing Grass Green Superfood: This greens powder is made from a blend of organic greens, fruits, and vegetables, and is designed to provide a boost of energy and support digestion.
- Garden of Life Perfect Food: This greens powder is made from a blend of organic greens, fruits, and vegetables, and also contains probiotics and enzymes to support digestion and overall health.
- Pure Synergy Superfood: This superfood supplement contains a blend of over 60 ingredients, including organic greens, fruits, and vegetables, as well as adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms to support overall health and wellness.
- Organifi Green Juice: This greens powder is made from a blend of organic greens, herbs, and superfoods, and is designed to support immune function and improve energy levels. Supergreen TONIK: This powder is made with a blend of greens, fruits, vegetables, probiotics, and adaptogens. It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Can Athletic Greens replace vitamins?
Yes, Athletic Greens can help to replace the need to supplement your diet with various vitamins as AG1 contains many crucial vitamins that one should consume on a daily basis. Still, some vitamins are not found within Athletic Greens, so you’ll want to check the ingredients and consult with your healthcare provider if you are unsure.
Can long consumption of Athletic Greens damage the liver?
While it is impossible to know whether Athletic Greens can lead to organ damage, there is currently no evidence to suggest that long-term consumption of AG1 can cause liver damage. The product is made from natural, whole food ingredients and is generally considered safe for consumption
Does Athletic Greens AG1 have lead?
No, Athletic Greens AG1 does not have any detectable levels of lead. Athletic Greens is tested for heavy metals, including lead, and meets or exceeds industry standards for quality and safety.
Are Athletic greens FDA-approved?
Athletic Greens AG1 is regulated by the FDA like all dietary supplements, but it does not require pre-approval before being marketed. The manufacturer is responsible for ensuring its safety and accuracy, while the FDA monitors compliance with regulations.
What is the difference between Athletic Greens and Beyond Greens?
Athletic Greens and Beyond Greens are both dietary supplements that provide various nutrients, but differ in their focus.
Athletic Greens is a comprehensive daily supplement that supports overall health and wellness by providing vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, and probiotics.
Beyond Greens, on the other hand, is focused on greens like wheatgrass, spirulina, chlorella, and kale, as well as probiotics and digestive enzymes to support digestive health, immune function, and overall vitality.
The best choice for you depends on your individual needs and goals. If you want comprehensive support, Athletic Greens may be the better option, while if you’re looking for digestive health support, Beyond Greens may be a more suitable choice.
What is the difference between Athletic Greens and Amazing Grass?
Athletic Greens and Amazing Grass are both greens superfood powders that provide a wide range of nutrients. However, there are some differences between the two.
Athletic Greens contains a more comprehensive list of ingredients, including probiotics and adaptogens, while Amazing Grass focuses more on organic greens and fruits.
Also, Athletic Greens has a higher price point and a sweeter taste due to the addition of stevia and other natural sweeteners, while Amazing Grass has a more earthy taste. The choice between the two may come down to personal preference and specific nutritional needs.
What is the difference between Athletic Greens and Primal Greens?
Athletic Greens and Primal Greens are both dietary supplements that offer various vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. However, there are some notable differences between the two products.
Athletic Greens is a comprehensive daily supplement that provides a wide range of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, and probiotics. It aims to support overall health and wellness in one convenient formula.
Primal Greens, on the other hand, is focused on providing a blend of greens, such as kale, wheatgrass, and spirulina, along with digestive enzymes and probiotics. It is marketed as a way to support digestion, immune function, and overall vitality.
Choosing the right supplement for you depends on your specific health goals and needs. If you’re looking for an all-in-one daily supplement to support overall health and wellness, Athletic Greens may be a good choice. If you’re looking for a supplement to specifically support digestion, immune function, and vitality, Primal Greens may be a better option.