The Snake Diet is a method of weight loss where a person practices intense fasting with periodic feed windows. It burns fat by having you eat one large meal after a 48-hour fasting period. This type of diet helps break the body from its dependence on sugar and forces it quickly into ketosis.
The Snake Diet works by fasting for 48 hours followed by a 2-4 hour window of eating lean meats and vegetables. During fasting times you should only consume a high-electrolyte drink known as Snake Juice. The benefits of this plan are rapid weight loss, lower blood sugar, improved blood pressure, and good heart health.
The Cole Robinson Snake Diet aims to reduce the intermittent fasting window by lengthening the fast to days, thus eating like a snake. The appeal of this diet is its claims for rapid weight loss results and a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
What is a Snake Diet?
Recent years have seen popular diet plans designed to help you eat less food by restricting the amount of time you eat during the day with a practice known as intermittent fasting. The snake diet aims to lengthen the fasting window; snakes consume one large meal every few days, which is the foundation of the snake diet.
Doctors and dieticians agree that weight loss happens when you eat less and exercise more. People who practice intermittent fasting attempt to go without eating for a long period during the day, requiring them to consume all of their daily calories within a 6-8 hour window.
How Does the Snake Diet Work?
The Snake Diet works by preventing the liver from building up excess insulin. That allows your body to burn more of the fat stored for energy. A constant rotation of fasting and a small window of eating makes this possible.
When you begin the Snake Diet, you will fast for an initial period that you determine. The plan only says to fast for as long as possible while still feeling good. Heavier individuals are able to fast between 24-48 hours.
During the fast, you are encouraged not to eat or drink anything other than Snake Juice. That is a drink to replenish your body that is high in electrolytes.
Once you believe you have fasted long enough, you will eat for a short period. Most people agree your eating window should be about 2 hours. You are encouraged to eat only if you are hungry and only eat enough to sustain yourself. Once your window is closed, you start the fasting period over.
What Are the Foods That You Can Eat While On a Snake Diet?
The Snake Diet works because the body enters a state of ketosis, where you burn fat for energy. That is similar to how a ketogenic, or keto, diet works. With keto and the Snake Diet, the body remains in ketosis when you eat foods that will not cause a spike in your glucose levels, which means it is mainly a low carbohydrate diet.
With a low-carb diet, you can eat a variety of foods such as the following items.
- Fruits (watermelon and cantaloupe are mostly water and therefore low carb)
- Vegetables (such as cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, and broccoli)
- Grains (quinoa, couscous, and barley are popular choices for a low-carb diet)
- Legumes (green beans, peanuts, and soybeans are popular choices)
- Nuts (pecans, macadamia nuts, and brazil nuts pack nutrition)
- Seeds (flax seeds, hemp seeds, and chia seeds are good low-carb choices)
- Healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and MCT oil, for example)
- Proteins (such as fish, meat, and poultry)
There are many low-carb choices, but for the snake diet food list, your carbohydrate intake should be less than 50 mg per day, so the body remains in ketosis.
What Are the Foods That You Should Avoid While On a Snake Diet?
Some of the foods you’ll want to avoid while following a restrictive carb diet include the following food items.
- Meat (processed meats, such as ham, may be high in sugar)
- Poultry (poultry that has a breading or batter will have a higher carb content)
- Fish and shellfish (oysters, mussels, and clams have a higher amount of carbs)
- Eggs (high in fat and protein, eggs are low carb, but keep an eye on added ingredients)
- Dairy products (ice cream and frozen yogurt, for example)
These and other foods that are high in carbohydrates, such as bread, pasta, and root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes can cause an insulin spike and should be avoided.
What Are the Best Recipes For Snake Diet?
When doing the Snake Diet, you only have a couple of hours to eat. You want to have healthy, substantial foods during that time to last your body as long as possible.
- Babagnoush: Grill eggplant, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Peel the cooked eggplant and put it in as well before blending it all.
- Stuffed Chicken: After you butterfly a few chicken breasts, stuff them full of cream cheese and spinach. After they cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, add some parmesan cheese and serve with a salad.
- Brussel Sprouts: Boil your brussel sprouts for a few minutes until they get soft. Then smash them each flat and place them in a hot skillet with oil or butter. You can salt them and add bacon pieces over the top.
What Is a Sample Snake Diet Plan?
Here is a sample of what your first few days will look like on the Snake Diet.
- Day 1: Consume nothing but Snake Juice
- Day 2: Consume nothing but Snake Juice
- Day 3: Eat until you are satisfied within a 2-4 hour window
- Day 4: Consume nothing but Snake Juice
- Day 5: Consume nothing but Snake Juice
The number of days you fast between eating can be adjusted according to how long you can go and still feel good. If you can go longer, you will see more results.The ingredients for Snake Juice are as follows.
- Water: 2 liters
- Potassium Chloride: 1 teaspoon
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda): 1 teaspoon
- Sodium Chloride (Pink Himalayan Sea Salt): ½ teaspoon
- Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts): ½ teaspoon
The Snake Diet plan promises results when used in addition to exercise including decreased back and joint pain, lower blood pressure, reduced risk of heart disease, better mobility, improved mood and self-esteem and improved insulin sensitivity in people with type 2 diabetes
What Are the Health Risks of Snake Diet?
Critics of the Snake Diet claim it is unhealthy, believing this plan puts the body into starvation mode and reduces the number of vitamins and nutrients absorbed.
How To Do Snake Diet?
When you start the Snake Diet, you should eat dinner the night before your first day. You can find detailed instructions and helpful videos on the Snake Diet website.
- Stay busy and drink a lot of Snake juice during fasting periods.
- Weigh yourself every day at the same time and record it.
- Buy some ketone test strips and test your urine every day.
- Do not overeat during feeding periods to avoid making yourself sick.
Who Should Do Snake Diet?
People who have had difficulty determining the time of day and how often they should eat, have trouble counting calories, and want to lose a noticeable amount of weight quickly can benefit from the Snake Diet. Those suffering from type 2 diabetes find it easier to control their symptoms with this plan.
What Are the Phases of Snake Diet?
There are two phases of the Snake Diet. Initially, you will find yourself losing weight very quickly. After that, you will steadily and consistently continue losing until you reach your goal. Once you get to your desired weight, you can maintain it through regular fasting and feeding intervals.
What Are the Facts About Snake Diet?
The first week of the Snake Diet results in breaking you of your food addiction. It is the hardest stage of the diet to get through. You can adjust the amount of time that you are fasting if you have trouble.
Many compare the plan to the Atkins diet that was popular in the late nineties. While the Atkins diet was a low carbohydrate plan, it did not incorporate fasting as the Snake Diet does. If you can get through a long fasting period you may find you have better results than the Atkins plan.
Is Snake Diet Considered a Healthy Diet?
Yes, the Snake Diet is considered a healthy diet. The plan has its critics who do not believe avoiding food for long periods is healthy. However, many experts have studied other intermittent fasting plans and determined that they are healthy and prove effective.
Is Snake Diet Expensive?
No, the Snake Diet is not expensive as it does not cost anything. You can find the instructions and training videos on the website. The only thing that requires money is if you buy Snake juice from them. However, you can make Snake juice yourself with inexpensive ingredients.